Written by Jeffrey Skatoff • February 28th, 2013
The attorneys of Clark Skatoff PA have decades of experience in preparing estate plans for our clients, including residents of Stuart, Florida and Martin County.
Florida residents need to be particularly aware of the Florida Homestead provisions of the Florida Constitution and certain Florida Statutes. These rules can restrict how a primary residence can be bequeathed to heirs, and they also protect homestead property from the creditors of a decedent and the beneficiaries, in some cases.
We regularly create plans that rely on one or more of the following planning techniques:
- The preparation of Florida wills and trusts, including living trusts, to control the disposition of property upon death, avoid probate, and to protect against incapacity during life.
- The creation of life insurance trusts to keep insurance proceeds out of the taxable estate and to ensure that life insurance proceeds are protected and invested for the protection of the beneficiaries.
- The use of estate tax reduction techniques and structures, such as family limited partnerships and sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts.
- The use of Dynasty Trusts, to protect assets of future generations from additional estate tax, and from creditors and spouses.
- The preparation of living wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney to protect our clients against subsequent incapacity.
- Estate planning for second marriages.
- Estate planning with special needs trusts for families with special needs children.
We walk our clients through the estate planning process, from analyzing a family’s financial circumstances and goals, to educating our clients about the range of estate planning options, and to drafting and implementing the estate plan. We draft estate plans for a wide range of clients, from young families with children, retirees and seniors, and to business owners.
To learn more about estate planning for residents of Stuart, Florida, or elsewhere in Florida, please contact Jeffrey Skatoff at 1-888-752-8633.